A Trip to Tokyo: Japanese Makeup Haul

  Recently, we visited Tokyo, Japan! With us, we brought loads of makeup, skincare, stationery and fashion, which we will cover in a series called A Trip to Tokyo. Here is the Japanese makeup we have bought! Enjoy!

Japanese Makeup Haul

 

 Mascara 

Mote Mascara Repair (Comb-type)

























on the eye













Review by Sydney:
This mascara is perfect for anyone wanting a natural lash look. The bottle has a built-in excess scraper to ensure that the brush has just the right amount of product on it to prevent clumping. The brush evenly coats your lashes with the mascara's tubing formula, which prevents smudging and involves easy removal. This mascara lengthens and separates your lashes. Overall, the Mote Mascara Repair Comb Type is a win, especially with its metallic blue bottle (shown in title picture).


Browlash EX Long Separate Mascara (Hello Kitty Edition)

 
























on the eye













Review by Taylor:
It claims to lengthen and define lashes with its comb shaped wand. I do not feel like it provided significant length to my lashes but it definitely separated them. Initially there was too much product on the wand so I had to remove the excess mascara, but I still ended up with a TON of little black flakes around my eyes. In the end, I like the shape of the mascara wand (and the Hello Kitty packaging is really cute!) but I'm not a big fan of the flaking.

Dejavu Fiberwig Mascara  



















on the eye













Review by Taylor:
This mascara has tiny fibers to dramatically lengthen lashes and this was totally not false advertising! I immediately saw longer lashes when I applied this and it even didn't have any clumps! Also, the formula allows you to easily remove it with warm water, no extreme makeup removers needed. No wonder this is Japan's most popular mascara because it is now my favorite mascara!

Eyeliner

DUP Silky Liquid Eyeliner








on the eye














Review by Taylor: 
I found the 0.1 mm tip to be really easy to use and I could easily line between my lashline. I did not experience any smudging, as it dried pretty fast. It has a matte black finish and overall it is a good liquid liner to have in your makeup collection.

Brow

Browlash EX Water Strong Liquid + Pencil in Grayish Brown

 









on brows













Review by Sydney: 
This brow duo is a power duo! One side is a retractable pencil, and the other is a liquid brush. Both of them have buildable coverage, and I prefer using the liquid for the front of my brows and the pencil for the ends. The color is not too warm for people with darker hair. Personally, I love this brow duo!

Blush

Sugao Souffle for Cheeks and Lips in Pink










on cheeks













Review by Sydney:This blush gives a subtle yet buildable effect. About 1-2 layers is perfect for an everyday look. The consistency in the container is whipped, but when you apply it to your skin it instantly becomes powdery and easy to blend.



Lips

Canmake Lip Tint Syrup in Cherry Blossom













 on lips














Review by Taylor:
I love how the texture of this lip gloss was almost gel-like and it had a nice glossy sheen. It didn't really stain the lips but the lip gloss stayed on for a long time, probably because it is a jelly consistency. The shade I got was a natural rosy pink.


We can't wait to try more Japanese makeup products!

Share this:

ANY THOUGHTS?

    Comments

0 comments :

Post a Comment